PROTOTYPE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
PROTOTYPE Company Manager
Term: December 2, 2019 – January 24, 2020
15 hours a week @ 8 weeks
The Company Manager works alongside the Festival Producer and Associate Producer. The Company Manager handles all artists travel, housing, distribution of per diems, and ground transportation needs. With the guidance of the Associate Producer the Company Manager creates individualized itineraries for all traveling artists and acts as their initial point of contact while on the ground in New York. The Company Manager also creates and assembles welcome packets for the artists and the festival’s partnering venues in addition to providing hospitality at rehearsals as requested. Lastly, the Company Manager organizes and inventories the Festival’s merchandise and creates tracking and reconciliation reports with oversight from the Associate Producer.
Please send a resumé and cover letter as pdf’s labelled “YourName_Res” and “YourName_Cover” to email@example.com by October 15.
PROTOTYPE Marketing Intern
Term: September 23, 2019 – end of January 2020
15-20 hours a week @ 18 weeks
The Marketing Intern works alongside the festival Marketing Manager throughout the course of the festival. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is organized, communicative, independent, and excited to learn. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting the Marketing Manager in social media & marketing outreach with other organizations
• Assisting in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
• Assisting with website updates and data maintenance on the PROTO website through WordPress
• Organizing and delivering marketing materials to PROTO partners when applicable
• Sitting in on PROTO rehearsals/interviews to capture content for social media, show trailers, etc.
• Maintenance on PROTO mailing lists through Constant Contact and assisting in creating e-blasts
• Front of House efforts and events at partner venues, capturing content at talkbacks, opening/closing night events, development dinners, etc.
• Assisting in implementation of instagram takeovers with PROTO artists and the PROTO team
• Light design work on basic social and PROTO assets (Cropping, re-sizing, entering data, etc.)
The PROTOTYPE Marketing Intern should have basic experience with:
• Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Gmail
• Microsoft Office programs & Dropbox
• Social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
• Photoshop & Indesign
The internship pays a weekly stipend. This is a great opportunity to see how a festival of this magnitude is pulled together, learn important marketing skills in the arts field, and connect with the individuals who make this extraordinary work a reality.
Please send resumé as pdf labelled “YourName_Res” to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 11.